Japan is not exactly what most people say it is...

Busy train stations, Anime, Doraemon, Pikachu, and its capital being the largest metropolitan area in the world with an official population of 38,140,000...

That's what you'll hear from people when you ask them of Japan. From my short stay in the land of the rising sun, I realized that Japan is really more than what the advertisements on the TV offer. Just a heads up, do you know that Japan only has 27% flat land area? The 73% are all mountains! Yes, Japan is a mountainous country! That explains why the country is one of the most prone to earthquakes in the world. Read further...

Before I continue writing this, I must give credit to where credit is due. And that is the company that I am working for, Digital Studio Japan. Especially the CEO and his family who took care of me when I was still there. Staying with them made me discern that having a good status in life doesn't necessarily mean always eating out and always buying the latest branded products. They taught me-implicitly- that the true meaning of happiness and success in life will only be based on how you perceive to be. For them, the definition of happiness is being together as a family. That is all that matters to them and that really changed my perspective in life. If you guys are reading this, I really am grateful for all the lessons that I learned all throughout my very short but very worthwhile stay in your residence. And for that, I really thank you.


Moving on, in my 2 months of stay, I've experienced strolling the busy streets of Shibuya, Working in an office in Roppongi, climbing, or rather riding a car, to the snow-capped Mt. FujiFuji san is what the locals call it, and being able to experience the mountains of Tokyo. Can you imagine you are between mountains, not knowing where the nearest 7-11 will be located and yet when you check your map, you are still in Tokyo Japan?! Weird right?

Food is the second best that Japan can offer to the world. Security and Safety is closing in on the third spot. The 一番いい(Best thing) that Japan can really showcase to the world is all enclosed in the word 'Omotenashi'. The word doesn't have a direct translation in English since it doesn't just cover hospitality. Omotenashi is being able to look at the world from the perspective of each and every one that you come across with. I can't explain everything in just one article so I would just summarize it in one phrase.

Japan's Omotenashi is what makes Japan one of the best, if not the best, country in the world.


Feel free to message me if you have questions regarding this concept.

This blog is not for advertisement purposes but I really felt like home in Digital Studio. Aside from being able to travel at very young age, they showed me the true meaning of being in a company. The company will slowly change your perspective with regards to work wherein the norm is you always look forward to the weekend. In Digital Studio, I became a better person and help me made my Monday, the new Friday. If you're interested, email me at chanjuliales@gmail.com


Reference(s):
https://www.infoplease.com/world/population-statistics/most-populous-cities-world
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/17/look-inside-most-populated-cities-world/22094525/#slide=5033695#fullscreen
http://factsanddetails.com/japan/cat26/sub160/item860.html
https://www.nakasendoway.com/the-japanese-landscape/
http://countrystudies.us/japan/37.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Turning your life 180°